Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Staying Home

A choice we made when we were deciding where to make a home and raise a family. This is one of the main reasons why we chose to move to Bakersfield.

When I started telling people at work that I was going to stay home with my baby, the majority of them said how great staying home is. They said how it is best for children. Most of them (women) said how they stayed home or wished they could. Believe me, I have worked in a really good preschool/daycare and there was a definite difference in the emotional stability of the kids who were there half day versus full day, so I knew what they were saying. But did I really believe it?
Then there were the people (usually men) that said, "Won't you get bored?" Of course I said no, but I really wasn't sure.
Let me tell you--after 12 weeks, I am anything but bored. I'll admit, the first couple weeks were tough. Anyone who saw me during this time will verify that I had a difficult time with the transition. I missed my time with Dominic and my time with our dog, but I knew, or at least had heard, that things would get better. When Dominic went back to work I remember wanting to be the one who was going back. Around this time I began to pray that if this was what I was supposed to be doing that God would change me.
Now, I can't imagine life any other way. I know for sure that this is what I am supposed to be doing. I want to be the one praticing language with Lincoln, doing exercises with him, and feeding him. I've even started to enjoy taking care of the house which is a miracle in and of itself.
Of course I am a little sentimental around this time of year with school starting up again, but it doesn't mean I don't love what I am doing. God has given me a gift and it is my job to take care of it (him). I'm sure when I visit my school in the future I will get questioned about whether or not I made the right decision. Now I can say with confidence, I did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home